Friday 27 September 2013

#143daysofme

my mum met this really fly guy the other day - dave cornthwaite. i guess he's the founder of this #sayyesmore campaign and he's done all these wild adventures and written a bunch of books about them. fair enough. so mum comes home and is all INSPIRED and throws a human t-shirt on me and makes me pose for about 20 pictures. fantastic.


so that was annoying. but then i find out this dave guy loved the pic and has promoted it (and my blog) on his twitter and facebook, hooking me up with some serious PR if i don't say so myself. totes worth the impromptu photo shoot after all.

so i guess i owe him right? WRONG. i don't owe no dave nothin! but what i WILL give him is flattery - because i'm stealing one of his particularly cool ideas, and everyone knows imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

dave's been taking selfies of himself for the last 1000 days. what started off for him as a fun project to see his facial progression over the 2.7 years turned into memories and incentive to do something interesting and meet cool people on a daily basis. i super feel that, so i'm starting my own project. no way can i do 1000 days, or at least i won't commit to it at this stage, because i'm a dog. so what i will do is commit to 1000 days in dog years, which works out to be 143 days, which means 143 shots of my mug for y'all to see daily - hope your not sick of it yet!


we'll see what happens along the way and afterwards, but in the meantime stay tuned. you can count on my hair growing, and then looking like a damn poodle when my hair gets cut. i can only guess i'll be dirtier some days more than others, in wimbledon or richmond park on my afternoon walks, and posing with tennis balls, bones, and socks - whatever i can get my chops on really. i hope you'll send me your selfies too, and when i reach day 143 i might just do something special with it all.

stay tuned to find out, and get ready for #143daysofme

in honour of dave's 1000th day, TODAY, here's my day 1 selfie:




No comments:

Post a Comment